Weather even in California doesnt agree with flying sometimes.......
I meant to get back to the field this weekend, but between kids birthdays and the weather I had to concede to more book/blog flying :)
Ive been reading alot lately the endevours of another student pilot that fairly recently started his blog and foray into flight. Its great to see that my fright of radio isnt just me. I cant explain it, as Im a very talkative person and dont mind some limited public speaking, but for some reason when the mic opens, my mind just closes.
Ive had Rod Machados book, and a few of the Gleim books since the last time I attempted flight lessons. Rod Machados book is priceles. The book is a great read, and I mostly enjoy the cheesey humor tossed in thru-out the book. Im a bit frustrated at times with the humor tho, for instance I was reading the chapter on electrical. As it turns out, it was easy for me to get the notion he was after by looking at his provided diagrams instead of reading his text. The point was lost in his ramblings. I still strongly suggest this book to any other pilots out there.
Ive been going back and forth with myself, trying to decide if I should take my lessons in a new cessna 172 with a garmin 1000 display, or if I should save that for after I graduate from the old school 152 :) After seeing the plane at the local FBO, Im tempted to ask what the rates are for her. I plan on moving into something like this if I were to purchase a plane, or rent one for trips.
Electronic Flight Bags are all the rage it seems in the flight industry. Im thinking of building my own, but still researching on it. Ive really always wanted a tablet to replace all my notepad ramblings (which I have literaly 100s of filled with notes from ideas etc), and work notes. As an added geek gadget, I want to get chartcase for my training and future uses. It seems like a really nice package with some really cool features. HITS (highway in the sky), paperless approach and charting. I plan on getting a fujitsu st4121 tablet with indoor/outdoor display for this.
Next Flight Lesson: N/A
Homework: What FBO do I like best

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home